This competition has been extended until October 8th!
Who hasn’t dreamt about a luxury holiday in the Maldives? A real tropical paradise style holiday with white sand and turquoise sea. The kind of place with luxurious villas on stilts over the lagoon, cocktails sipped under palm trees and dinner eaten under the stars. I don’t know about you but this is my dream holiday.
Let me tell you how you can make this a reality…
From 1 st – 30th September, is holding a competition to win a seven night stay for two at environmentally conscious escape, . All you need to do is name a sea turtle to win.
Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu is renowned for its rustic and sustainable hospitality and is actively involved in eco-friendly initiatives to protect the precious marine life. This year, the island joined forces with , with the aim to prevent the entanglement of Olive Ridley Sea Turtles and other marine organisms. Initiated by a group of Marine biologists located within the Maldives, the partnership welcomes the first Olive Ridley Project Turtle Rescue Centre at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu.
How to enter
Simply name the juvenile hawksbill sea turtle (pictured and assigned the code HK 2235 – not a very imaginative name for such a gorgeous creature) that was recently discovered on the island’s house reef by the resident marine biologist Chiara Fumagalli. Since HK 2235 is a juvenile hawksbill turtle, the gender is still unknown, which means the name has to be suitable for both male and female.
Steps to enter
1) Think of a suitable name for the sea turtle
2) Using either Twitter and/or Instagram, post your chosen name and a picture showing the inspiration behind your choice (this can include: an object, person or television character etc), with the following hashtags: #cococares and #shellmemyname
3) Remember to tag and
Once the competition has closed, a panel of Coco Collection judges will then select their favourite/most imaginative entry and the winner will be awarded with a seven night stay for two in a Sunset Beach Villa at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu on a half-board basis.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is not redeemable for cash and cannot be transferred to another party
- The prize is valid for one year from the date the voucher is issued (excluding peak travel dates) and requested dates are subject to availability
- Prize includes return transfers by seaplane to and from the airport
- You can post your entry on Instagram and Twitter but only one entry per person will be counted
- Flights are not included
- Prize includes taxes but does not include travel insurance
- Entrants must be over the age of 18
About Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
Located on the breath-taking island of Dhuni Kolhu, the resort has 98 charming Maldivian-inspired villas, offering luxurious living in an eco-friendly, tropical environment. The resort combines charming simplicity, romantic style and natural design, with fabulous food and first-class activities. www.cocopalm.com
A little bit more exciting news…
In October I’m going to Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu! I actually can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am. This is the holiday I’ve been dreaming of for years. I’ll be travelling with Sam and George and we’ll be staying on the island for seven nights. Arrrgghh, seven nights in paradise!
Good luck to everyone entering and I can’t wait to see some of the creative names you come up with!