First of all, I’d like to say a very happy 30th birthday to my gorgeous guy, Sam, who turned 30 last week! Happy birthday Sam, I have a feeling it’s going to be a good year 🙂
It was a lovely week of celebrations and it got me thinking about my own 30th birthday and the things I’d like to accomplish before I hit this milestone.
I’m sure you’re already familiar with the 30 before 30 challenge. It’s where you write a list of 30 things you’d like to do before you’re 30 and you challenge yourself to get them all done.
It’s not that I think 30 is ‘old’ or there’s anything I can’t do once I reach 30 (except wearing denim cut-offs that expose the bottom of bum cheeks, you shouldn’t do that once you reach 30). It’s more about having goals and the motivation to do things, rather than saying, ‘I’d like to do this one day….’ and that day never comes.
I’m 27 so I have a while to go but this means I can make my #30before30 list really, really epic.
I’d like to say a massive thank you to each and everyone of you who has helped me to put together my 30 before 30 list. I asked for some ideas and inspiration on Facebook and Twitter and you sent over so many suggestions! It was hard to whittle it down but here are 30 things I’d like to do before I turn 30…
- See the Northern Lights
- Learn to ski
- Take a road trip around the coast of Wales
- Go camping in Scotland
- Stay in a castle
- Go in a hot air balloon
- Learn to paddle board
- Stay in a water hut ( in the Maldives)
- Stay in an igloo
- Have an outdoor cinema in my garden
- Visit Norway and sit on Trolltunga ledge
- Go back to Dubrovnik
- Learn to cook the best Thai red curry from scratch
- Start vlogging (argh, this scares me!)
- Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Run a half marathon somewhere other than in the UK
- Take a yoga holiday somewhere really exotic
- Get back in shape (like I was when I was 20!)
- Do a photoshoot with a professional photographer
- Complete a 365 photography project
- Create a yearlong scrap book
- Finish decorating my house
- Find the perfect jeans
- Get my hair chopped short
- Take 5 online courses to learn something new
- Have an adventure in a campervan
- Knit something cool and actually wear it
- Run every day for one month
- Spend a fortune with a personal shopper
- Make someone’s dream come true
And if you fancy taking the 30 before 30 challenge too (or 30 before 40, 50, 60 or even 70) please do join in and share your list!